Sports Week 06.07.20
From Monday 6th July, we will be holding our ‘Sports Week’ for those children who are in school. However, we are also hoping that our children at home can also take part. We have joined the Team GB Get Set online programme called ‘Travel to Tokyo’, which was launched a few weeks ago. It is a competition for schools to take part in, in order to acknowledge the postponement of the Tokyo 2020 Olympics. Children both at home and at school will be able to take part.
Follow the link below for some fun, simple timetabled activities that children can do at home with their families. There are two activities each day – with a rest day on Friday. These can be done in addition to the usual activities, which you may be doing at home, such as walking, bike rides etc.
To access the Travel to Tokyo resources, families need to login using the link and instructions below:
- Scroll down to ‘Log Activity’ – this is the stopwatch icon.
- In the ‘Find your school’ section, enter the postcode DL15 8HJ, then select Howden-le-Wear.
- Once you have selected Howden-le-Wear, you will be asked to select a team. Please choose your child’s class from the options. If you have siblings, you can use the same activity for both/all (e.g. you have been on a family bike ride) but you will need to enter this data in to each group separately to go towards their class active time.
- When you have selected a class, the rest of the login options should be ‘click-able’. Please make sure you scroll down to the bottom of the page as there are several steps to logging your activity, which will result in children earning points for their Family Group!
- Selecting the activity type
- Recording your enjoyment (select the appropriate smiley face)
- Recording how long the activity lasted, in hours and minutes. This bit is the most important as we will use this to compare groups.
- Recording how hard you worked.
Have fun everybody – good luck!