Public bodies, including local-authority-maintained schools, are covered by the public sector equality duty in the Equality Act 2010.
At Howden le Wear Primary School we are committed to ensuring equality of provision throughout the school community. To achieve this, our equality objectives are as follows:
- To allow equal access to information for all stakeholders.
- Monitor and analyse pupil achievement by race, gender and disability and act on any trends or patterns in the data that require additional support for pupils.
- Diminish the difference between disadvantage and non disadvantaged pupils.
- Raise attainment for more able disadvantaged pupils.
- Ensure all pupils are given the opportunity to make a positive contribution to the life of the school e.g. through involvement in the School Council by election or co-option), class assemblies, fund raising etc.
- Identify, respond and report racist incidents as outlined in the Plan. Report the figures to the Governing body / Local Authority on a termly basis.
- To increase attendance and punctuality of pupil premium pupils across the school.
As part of our duties we publish:
- an Equalities Information profile of our school based upon the protected characteristics of the Equality Act 2010 – this is updated and published every year
- our school’s Equality Objectives – these are reviewed annually and updated at least once every 4 years
- for further information please view or download our Equalities Policy and Equalities Information and Objectives Policy in the School Policies section of our website.