To promote high achievement and a love of learning so that each and every child can build a successful future.
‘Howden le Wear Primary School – Building Futures.’
We will work together in partnership with the school community to:
- provide a positive, caring atmosphere in a safe and stimulating environment;
- develop confidence, motivation and a desire to learn;
- meet the individual needs of each and every child;
- plan and deliver a wide range of creative, challenging and effective learning opportunities;
- provide an effective target setting and monitoring process to evaluate teaching and learning and support the achievement of high standards;
- promote local, national and international links to develop understanding and respect of our diverse world;
- promote a school ethos based on the understanding of rights and responsibilities, as we believe they are the foundations of a successful and happy school.