Our Mission Statement which was set by all staff on Monday 4th September 2017 is:
- To promote high individual achievement and a love of learning so that each and every child can reach their full potential.
- Howden le Wear Primary School – Building Successful Futures Together.
We will work together in partnership with the school community to:
- provide a positive, caring atmosphere in a safe and stimulating environment in which children can develop;
- develop and nurture confidence, motivation, independence and a desire to learn;
- meet the academic, social and emotional needs of each and every child;
- provide a wide range of creative, cross-curricular, challenging and effective learning opportunities both in and out of the classroom;
- support the achievement of high individual standards through effective assessment and monitoring;
- ensure children have the skills to stay safe and engage in healthy lifestyle choices;
- promote local, national and international links and values to develop understanding and respect of our diverse world;
- develop respect for all and support positive relationships with families and the wider community.
- promote a school ethos based on a restorative approach where children develop resilience, self control and problem solving skills, as we believe they are the foundations of a successful and happy school.